[OM] lazy iris diaphragm

Subject: [OM] lazy iris diaphragm
From: <michael.kennedy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 13:17:51 +0100

I knew the day would come, and it has. My Zuiko 50mm f1.8 is getting
old....the iris diaphragm is slowing up; taking about a second to fully open
from f1.8.  Solutions: exercise it like crazy; bin and replace it (only to
find the same problem months down the line); there's a magic cure I don't
know about?? I would hate to get rid of the lens; it is mint in all other
respects and isn't used for 'quick fire' photography. Also, they're cheap
and easy to come by, but I like to wear my 'environmental' hat. And the
consensus of opinion among the group is....?

Thanks,

Michael.

-- Type: image/jpeg
-- File: image001.jpg