[OM] Re: (OT) Living the good life

Subject: [OM] Re: (OT) Living the good life
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 12:09:59 -0400
I just replaced my 21 year-old Honda HR214 because the drive cluth was
slipping badly going uphill.  Could have fixed it with about $200 worth
of parts for the whole 2-speed tranny assembly but I figured it was time
to let it have a rest.  Still working fine as a push mower though.  And
still starting on the first pull about 90% of the time.  2 pulls the
other 10% mostly because I was lazy and didn't pull hard enough I think.

I replaced it with a commercial version HRC216HXA because only the
commercial versions have shaft drives like my old one.  Nice machine,
has some form of CVT technology for the drive and always starts on the
first pull too.  Weighs a lot more than the old one though.

Chuck Norcutt