[OM] Re: Motion pictures with an Olympus?

Subject: [OM] Re: Motion pictures with an Olympus?
From: Russ Butler <russ@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 10:51:57 -0400
NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Although I have rock solid tripods and tack sharp Zuiko lenses, I'm not  sure
> tack sharpness and focus is always all that it is cracked up to be.  I  was
> recently looking at some of the work of a photographer whose images and
> words
> I admire and ran across an article he had in Orion.
> _www.oriononline.org/pages/oo/gallery/index_Gallery.html_
> (http://www.oriononline.org/pages/oo/gallery/index_Gallery.html)    This is
> worth a look.  It is a little easier to work
> with and expand upon  with digital, however it can certainly be accomplished
> with film.
>
> This link is to some I've produced with similar technique.
> _www.hpsonline.org/members/barber/_
> (http://www.hpsonline.org/members/barber/)    I mention this
> for several reasons.  It might be a pretty interesting TOPE  topic.  Some
> might find the results of long exposures and camera movement  to be pleasing
> and
> finally I don't want the folks who are with me on Isle Royale  to think I've
> lost my mind as I am waving my camera around and burning pixels.  <[8^)  Bill
> Barber

Interesting and neat. But these are exactly the types of images that my
wife takes great pains to avoid while shooting from the back of the
bike. Maybe I'll tell her not to worry about it!

Shots like these are a compelling reason for us to take a digital on the
bike to avoid burning a lot of 35mm for a few good shots. Then of
course, we'd have to get a better digital. This could be trouble ($$).

--
Russ Butler (NJ USA)