[OM] Re: Candace

Subject: [OM] Re: Candace
From: "Candace Lemarr" <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 21:48:51 -0600
OK, but, see...that's what's so crazy here. Do you remember...let me take
you for a stroll down memory lane. :-)  It seemed to work fine for me, no
problems other than weird wb issues and some operator error. Then, one day,
it freezes right up on me. I had the fl-50 on. I couldn't turn the camera
off, no controls worked, whatsoever, led light stayed lit, as it does when
writing to the memory card. Only it never went out, and the camera never
came back to functioning. I was doing family portraits, so it wasn't like I
could stand there for long and contemplate my problem. I eventually turned
the fl-50 off, turned the switch to turn the camera off (didn't work),  took
the battery out, put it back in, and the camera powered on. I took some more
pictures with the fl-50 on, no problems. I then took quite a few more
without the flash, no problem.
    We go along fine for about, oh I don't know, 2 weeks or so, when one day
it does it again. This time I have no flash, am shooting outdoors with the
ex-25 and my 40-150. And happened 3 times in a row.
    That launches me into full-out test mode of when it does it and when it
doesn't. I discover it does it with any lens, with or without flash,
internal or external.
    Send it to Oly. Get it back, it does the same thing with my 50-200 on it
within the first 10 pictures. Ok, now here's where it gets really confusing.
I wasn't sure to what degree my camera had actually been "repaired", as the
dust specks in the view finder were still there (they should have removed
them, it was on the repair list). And, the obvious, the camera didn't work.
I cleaned the contacts on all of my lenses, and tried again, but the camera
still froze up.
    Send it back to Oly. This time they keep it longer, but when I get it
back, it's beautiful, shiny and new looking, all clean, and works like a
champ. Oh...with one minor hiccup. The first time shooting with it that my
battery ran out, when I turned the camera back on after changing the battery
I had to reset all my setting except time and date. Odd. I go along for
what? a week I think? Maybe 2 now...anyhow a couple of days ago when I
changed the battery, the same thing happened. And I thought...hmmmm...wonder
if this means she's about to blow?? So..that same day I put the fl-50 on and
was trying to work with it a bit. Worked fine the past 2 days, but out of
the blue froze up last night, and  I was using the fl-50.
    Now...does that make any sense to you? My brain has been working
overtime on this. Could the fl-50 make the camera do something like that?
Could my batteries be doing it? Could my charger be shorting out or some
weird thing, and screwing up my battery which in turn is messing with my
camera? I have 3 batteries, and the camera freezes with all of them.
    Now do you see why my lil brain is confused, LOL
    Candace