[OM] Re: E-1 craving

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 craving
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 09:21:39 -0700
I think just about all AF cameras use the bottom of the mirror box
for the focus sensors. There is no film to do OTF. A sensor does not
reflect the same way. It is essentially a filter pack coated with an
anti-reflective coating to reduce ghosting. Look at the results.
Evidently the preflash works better. Certainly I will take a modern
flash system over anything using OTF. That is something that really
has moved on.

I am sure Moose will explain it better, but you are ignoring the
major difference between manual focusing with the E-1 and the 5D, the
size of the mirror and the large, bright image in the 5D viewfinder
because it is full frame.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA