[OM] Re: monopod ?

Subject: [OM] Re: monopod ?
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 09:11:29 -0700 (PDT)
> I havent had many issues with my ball head on the monopod. I
> find it more convenient to carry.  I use the same head for my
> tripod also.

I use the Manfrotto medium-duty ball-head with hex-plate on my
monopod. A bit heavy, but terrific for my use.  The QR plate
allows me to snap the camera in and out very quickly. This is my
typical setup for shooting weddings and events where I
essentially never use a tripod anymore.  The stroboframe has a
hex plate permanently mounted to the base so I can go from
handheld to monopod in a second.

My only problem with this configuration (especially when using
the stroboframe) is that it gets a bit top-heavy.  It's a little
better when you've got a big-honker lens on the camera as you
can perch the outfit on your shoulder with the lens.

My lightweight setup is to use one of those flimsy-looking
strobe ball-heads.  Mine is the biggest one around with an inch
or so diameter ball. No QR, but it takes just a few seconds to
attach to a camera. Not recommended with big heavy cameras and
lenses as you'll eventually pinch a finger.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com