[OM] Re: [OT] Short translation?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Short translation?
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 13:08:10 +0000
The farm where I grew up included couple of islands in the Little Tennessee
River, separated from the main farmland by a 40-foot slough. Right or wrong, we
called it a "sloo" or, if you prefer, a "slew," which is a word we used in
referring to a whole bunch of things, as in, "There's a whole slew of ducks in
the slough today."

Walt, who once had a slue-footed girlfriend

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --

From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>