[OM] Replacing front element on 21/2 - advice needed

Subject: [OM] Replacing front element on 21/2 - advice needed
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 20:38:29 -0700
Advice needed on replacing the front element on a 21/2 ...

I can unscrew the metal front ring which has the lens description on it. I'm
able to easily remove the front lens assembly. Then I come to a halt ...

It looks like there is one pair of holes towards the inside and one pair of
slots towards the outside on the front of the lens assembly. I think the
inside holes should be for a spanner to release a ring which holds the front
element. The slots would be used to screw the whole assembly into the barrel
of the lens.

I'm not able to budge what I think would be a lock ring holding in the front
element by placing my spanner in the inside holes. Should I put acetone or
something(?) on what I think is a lock ring? Am I even putting the spanner
in the correct place?

slot -  hole -------front element---------- hole - slot

Thank you for any help. If I can remove the front element It will be an easy
fix to a very nice lens.

-jeff