[OM] Re: [OT] Printer recommendation

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Printer recommendation
From: "Jay Drew" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 20:24:20 -0700
>Well, there is a reason why HP gives you new nozzles each time.
>:(  I don't think you'll be any better off there.
>
>I do recommend the Canon printers for the following reasons:
>1. The nozzles don't clog easily.
>2. The ink tanks are passive (more on that later)
>3. FAST!!!!
>4. Quiet(er)
>5. Bulk inks
>6. Ilford Galerie Classic Glossy/Pearl papers
<snip>

AG,
I've got a Canon i9900 and I am quite interested in your discussion of inks.

1. Do you find any problem with nozzle clogging.
2. Any recommendation on supplier for the MIS ink.  I googled and inksupply dot
com (probably slipped some bills under the keyboard to be place high on the
google hit) recommended that all the inks be changed at the same time.  You
indicate a mix.
3. Recommendation on kits and instructions for doing refills?

Jay