[OM] Re: [OT] Short translation?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Short translation?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 08:49:46 -0400
"despond" is a verb so the word here should be "despondency".
Colloquially, it might not work with a lot of Americans.  Except those
from the south (like Walt) where slough/slew/slue is a fairly common
word, probably half wouldn't know the meaning of "slough" and a quarter
probably wouldn't know the meaning of "despondency".

"In the swamp/dregs/gutter of depression" might be understood by 80 or
90 percent.  Of course, OM'ers, being generally smarter and more
literate, would have no problem with any rendition.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt