[OM] Re: seeking advice for new web-site-blog

Subject: [OM] Re: seeking advice for new web-site-blog
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 11:23:45 -0700
On 7/23/06 8:21 AM, "Christos Stavrou" <christos.stavrou@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm  wondering if anyone
> has any kind of advice or experience about where to start etc...

I started up a blog for my business on blogspot.com:
<http://harrisonarchitects.blogspot.com/> It's free, and fairly easy, but
somewhat limited.

I also looked at typepad.com, which is very cool, but costs more.

Ultimately, wanting to make the blog more visually consistent with the rest
of my site, I hired a web designer (Dan Harms <http://zintavision.com>) to
create a site for me using Ruby on Rails. The new site includes a blog:
<http://www.harrisonarchitects.com/blog>

Rails is awesome. I can't believe I suffered through GoLive for so long. Dan
basically created a template that I can access from any browser to add pages
or update my site. Super simple. Here's a link to the technology:
<http://www.rubyonrails.org/>

Your e-mail/internet service may already include space on a server, in which
case you could just hire someone, or find a template already created, and
get yourself up and running.

Like Chris said, being master of your own domain is very satisfying. Pretty
cheap, and looks way more professional.

-Rob in Seattle