[OM] Re: seeking advice for new web-site-blog

Subject: [OM] Re: seeking advice for new web-site-blog
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 18:42:04 +0100
Christos

The cheapest way to do this would probably be to buy your own domain
(a cheap, Brit one)with a low-cost hosting site such as
purplecloud.net.  Then use an open-source bit of software to write
the code for you.  I could suggest a couple for the Mac, but not for
Windows (but there is bound to be someone who has produced one).
Again if you use the Mac, RapidWeaver from www.realmacsoftware.com (a
firm in Brighton) will do you a lovely little website, including a
blog with RSS and trackback.  It is as easy as pie to use.  I can
point you towards 2 sites that I have used for it.  Both are
constrained by the client, by the way: my mother for one and my
parish priest the other ;-)

http://www.threeshoes.co.uk/willhouse/ is my mother's home in the
Algarve

and

http://www.st-peters.cc is our parish church.

I have another one but it is password-protected because of the amount
of private information.

I should advise against getting a ".cc" domain (Caicos Islands) as it
is pretty expensive.  But if you got yourself christoscameras.me.uk
it would cost around £9 for 2 years' registration.  Web hosting would
be extra, but not extortionate.

But ... there are also blog systems ready and waiting for you to
join.  Just search on blog sites and one will reach out and grab you
as the right one ...

Chris
~~ >-)-
C M I Barker