[OM] Re: Kiron 28mm f2.8 for OM---worth getting for very little?

Subject: [OM] Re: Kiron 28mm f2.8 for OM---worth getting for very little?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 19:30:23 -0700
usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
>   Hi,
>  A judge in my wife's office is selling his OM gear. Not much of marked
> interest, though he has the above lens in 9-9+ condition. It is only slightly
> wider than my nl range zoom. The only thing I found out about it so far is
> that it can focus down to about 1 ft. Wonder how it is?
Almost certainly it was an excellent lens when new. Probably still is,
but things do happen to old lenses. Kiron never made second line lenses
under that name. Here's some more general info about them
<http://medfmt.8k.com/third/cult.html#kiron>. You can also find a review
of their 28/2 on Gary's test site
<http://members.aol.com/olympusom/lenstests/default.htm>.
> Is this at least a Fangette?