[OM] Re: Tokina 3X telephoto lens

Subject: [OM] Re: Tokina 3X telephoto lens
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 08:50:24 -0500
 I believe there were some lenses for which it worked fairly
> well. (I believe the Olympus version was called B300 because in converted
> the IS3 lens into a 300mm lens)

Jeff,

this is the one we have. It is usable only with the IS3 at its full 180mm,
anything shorter than about 160 vignettes. Get down below 75 or so, and you
get a round photo in the middle of the frame, like a true fisheye.

The results are acceptable. It's better than the other alternatives to get
300 out of the IS3, since there are none. It looks quite a bit like a
funnel.

Bill Pearce