[OM] Re: OT - Lenses/weight of 5D

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - Lenses/weight of 5D
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 17:05:26 -0400
On 7/12/06, Jeff Keller <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
SNIP

> Caution if you are thinking about putting N*kon glass on your 5D !!! ...
>
> http://www.16-9.net/lens_tests/15mm_2/index.html
>
> At the end of this article the tester switched to a thicker adapter and
> found the lens improved dramatically!!!

Geez, I'm sure glad they sorted *that* out.  Otherwise a very useful
lens would be maligned by poor test methdology.

> The same website has some test results of the Tamron 28-75/2.8. The Tamron
> is looking like a possible midrange zoom for the 5D. It is quite light and
> seems to give respectable performance. The other alternative would be the
> 24-105/4 C*non glass.
>
> http://www.16-9.net/lens_tests/35mm_e.html

SNIP!

My copy of the Tamron 28~75 must be one of the good ones.  I thought
about selling it because I use my 17~85 IS as a 'normal' lens.  Then I
shot some stuff with it.  Not thinking about selling any more.  Also,
the whole 'for digital only' thing makes me a bit crazy.  Neither of
my wide angle zooms will work on my film bodies.  Grrr . . .

> -jeff

ScottGee1