[OM] Re: formatting

Subject: [OM] Re: formatting
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 13:07:00 -0700
When I got my 5D I also got a new CF card. Of course I've swapped the card
between the 5D and E-300. There are two folders, one for Olympus and one for
C*non, but the C*non puts its images in the Olympus folder. The only time it
worried me was the first time when I couldn't find any images in the C*non
folder. I've probably shot a little less than a 1000 images, but I haven't
lost any that I know of.

I sometimes format a CF card in the camera as a simple way to erase
everything. I nearly always delete using the computer after transferring the
files.

Years ago I was forced to reformat a smart media card. Somehow the computer
did something Olympus didn't like, but the camera reformatted it without a
problem. I've never had a similar problem with a CF card.

-jeff