[OM] Re: Nature Photography

Subject: [OM] Re: Nature Photography
From: Tim Randles <tim.randles@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 11:34:37 -0700 (PDT)
A week ago, It rained at camp, there was a brilliant double rainbow, both ends
on the ground, funny part was, the one side of the double rainbow was sitting
right at the portal to underground... and we mine gold there.. ROFL... I
decided I should buy shares in the company.. I did manage to get some pics, but
since I dont know what I am doing, they didnt turn out worth a crap..

Garth <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Walt Wayman wrote:
> Well, for one thing, the light's wrong.  I can almost swallow some parts of
> it, even though I've never seen both ends of a rainbow at the same time.

Actually, I see a couple of "complete" rainbows almost every summer here
in Alberta.  You're right, Walt -- living on the prairie does help.  The
rest of this photo doesn't necessary befuddle me either: if the photog
had a small break in the clouds behind him/her, shining a beam or shaft
of irregularly-shaped sunlight onto the landscape beyond with its ragged
edge touching the treetop in the near part of this image, then voila!

Once, when I was young and about as stupid as I am now, I saw a scene
that was as unlikely as this in southern Alberta near Waterton National
Park.  Naturally, I didn't have my trusty OMs with me, and I've
regretted the loss of that image ever since.  "F8 and be there."

Yep.  F8 and be there.

Garth

List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx