[OM] Re: Tripods/ Packs or cases

Subject: [OM] Re: Tripods/ Packs or cases
From: "Daniel Sepke" <dan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 09:11:34 -0400
I have same issue with a metal rather than plastic logo that Chuck describes
though I have an alternative solution. On my bag the logo is covered up with
a sew on patch. Easy to put on and pretty easy to get off should you decide
to either sell the bag or change your style.

Dan S.

> Yes, it's certainly a great value. I think AG was the first to
> recommend it here. I've had one for a bit. One important thing I did
> is to remove the Canon label. Without it, it might look like it's full
> of books, a bag lunch, etc. With it, it looks likely to be full of
> relatively valuable photo equipment. The plastic name on mine had
> plastic prongs on the back sticking through a piece of plastic inside
> between two layers of fabric. A little bending back and forth through
> the fabric broke them off and it came off leaving just two little round
holes.

I'll have to do something a little more drastic.  The name plate on mine is
metal.  I was able to bend it a little with my fingers but not much.
  One of the reviewers on Amazon did it by cutting a small slit on the
inside fabric and then pried the two pieces apart.

Chuck Norcutt