[OM] Tripods/ Packs or cases

Subject: [OM] Tripods/ Packs or cases
From: Tim Randles <tim.randles@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 17:38:51 -0700 (PDT)
Kem,

I struggled with a few options on this, the only ones I saw around when I was
buying an comparing were Manfroto and Slik, I personally didnt like the
manfroto finish or the twist/round tube legs and chose the Slik AMT for
lightweight carbon fiber  square legs and the settings and adjustments would do
most everything I could imagine.

There was another Slik at the store ( London Drugs) and I liked it a lot
because it was a bit heavier, but for that very reason I went with the Slik
AMT, it is so much lighter, I could almost handstand on the AMT and it would
support me.. and I feel comfortable putting it on a couple straps on a backpack
and carrying it outside the pack because it is so lightweight. It collapses
into about 24- 26 inches. It was in that 200 range as well..

Which brings me to another dilemma I have.... I need a packsack type carrying
unit for my E500, and 3 lenses, and charger, card reader, ( maybe laptop?) and
other gear. Only thing I have heard about is Lowe Pro, and dont have any
experience with what I am going to need for this travel and click adventure..
does anyone have suggestions for a packsack type unit, especially if it has
capability to attatch the tripod?

Komtanoo Pinpimai <romerun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I'm new to tripod and looking a medium weight tripod for macro and
night scene shooting. Most of my equipments are not so heavy except
the tamron 80-200mm.
There are too many tripods/heads on the BH and it's really confusing,
so.. could anybody recommend a good combination(tripod/head) that does
the job within $200 budget ?

thank
-kem

List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com