[OM] Re: Tripods/ Packs or cases

Subject: [OM] Re: Tripods/ Packs or cases
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 08:02:00 -0700 (PDT)
> Pricewise, the Canon 200EG backpack from Amazon (actually
> ships from Adorama) is one of the best deals going.  It sells
> for USD 35.94 and you can get free shipping.

This bag is so dirt cheep I can't imagine anybody NOT buying it.
Shoot, you can't even buy a quality book bag for that price.

> I've had one for a bit. One important thing I did is
> to remove the Canon label.

I haven't broken mine off yet, but I did use a permanent marker
to blacken it.  I figured that between the printer and the bag,
I can pretend to be a 5D shooter.

> I don't find a backpack a very useful working bag. Just too
> awkward to get off, into and back on for me.

This is true for a lot of uses where a standard shoulder bag
will be better.  However, I find that I carry mine just over a
shoulder most of the time--rarely do I put it on my back unless
I'm hiking for a ways.

The biggest recommendation I can make for ALL
backpacks--regardless of brand or purpose is two fold:

1. Keep the zipper to one side--never meeting in the middle at
the top.

2. Tie a knot in the ends of the adjustment straps. The nylon
buckles when subjected to a slight upward pressue will allow the
strap to slip out (at great speed) causing the entire bag to
fall to the ground.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com