[OM] Fixing non-focusing lenses

Subject: [OM] Fixing non-focusing lenses
From: "Johann Thorsson" <johann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 20:20:11 -0700
Many years ago I was given a 50mm f/1.4 lens.  The focusing barrell had
somehow unscrewed and fallen out of, and the owner decided it wasn't worth
having fixed.  As clever as I thought I was at the time (had just ruined my
parents stereo in an unsuccessful (an unnecessary) repair project) I was
simply going to open it up, screw the thing together and fasten the screws
again.  Well, needless to say, it turned out to be not that simple, I have
never been able to assemble it properly, as the inifinity is never correct
(it doesn't focus at infinity).  So, is there anyone here who knows if there
are any repair guides available?  If not, then I will probably end up
throwing this away.  It is of course possible that I am doing this
correctly, but the glass is somehow misaligned.