[OM] Re: End of the world as we know it

Subject: [OM] Re: End of the world as we know it
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 13:32:33 -0700 (PDT)
> Now why hasn't some clever programmer produced a raw converter
> that provides a gradual emergence of the image with a red
> overlay that would disappear when the image is complete?

I love it. But who would wait 2 minutes for it to develop and a
another couple of minutes to "fix" it before you could turn the
light back on?

Honestly, I think the biggest thing missing in the digital
darkroom is the dodging and burning methodology. The ability to
broadly apply D/B to an image is totally different in Photoshop.
Sure, the features are there, but the design intent is for much
smaller areas.

The picture-set I did yesterday was shot on T400CN. Remember my
rants about that garbage?  Well, the sharpness and lack of grain
are impeccable--my 11x14s from 35mm have the same look/feel as
Tmax 100 in 645.  (Ahem, technique helps). But if you look
carefully, you'll see that lack of tonal seperation in Zones
III-IV. I ended up doing a Split-Grade print.  I'm thinking
about actually adding a third exposure using a Grade 3 to the
mix.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com