[OM] Re: F30 review, but partly on topic [was Protective Filters]

Subject: [OM] Re: F30 review, but partly on topic [was Protective Filters]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 02:16:32 -0700
Johnny Johnson wrote:
> At 11:24 PM 7/3/2006, Moose wrote:
>> I don't think something OM size is in the cards in any reasonable time span.

Please remember, all, that my response was specific to a post desiring
an OM-4 sized, full frame sensor, camera. "I'd be way more inclined
to ditch the OM4 if I could get a full frame digital about the same size."

My remarks only apply to FF. Certainly smaller sensor cameras have
already come near OM size, although not the better ones, yet. Nor was I
advocating FF, much as I personally like it so far.. As Winsor pointed
out, Nik*n has done wonders with their smaller sensor and make very
capable, high performance cameras. I was simply responding with my
thoughts in reply to a post on a particular subject.
> Here's an interesting link to an article about the design
> considerations that went into the new Panasonic L1.
>
> <http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/lumix/popup/behind_the_scenes_l1/vol1.html>

I had to quit when he took credit for the Oly designed and manufactured
viewing system....

Moose