[OM] Re: Walt dares criticize Moose photos

Subject: [OM] Re: Walt dares criticize Moose photos
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 22:28:06 -0700
Jeff Keller wrote:
> Hmm ... I don't see halos around Moose's images but I can see a halo around
> the image Walt oversharpened.

Yeah, it wasn't classic oversharpening, anyway, I started over and like
the results better. Although I didn't have to use them here, I've found
out how to get around some halo problems.
> I think the ugly bokeh is a trade-off Moose often has to live with.
True enough, but I can mitigate it if I pay attention.
> He likes the very wide range zoom that isn't especially fast.
Bet he has his reasons.....

Seriously, I got quite a few shots on this trip with the 28-300 that I
simply wouldn't have made if I had to change lenses. The flora isn't a
problem, but some of the birds and beasts move about rather quickly. and
bokeh wasn't a problem on the vast majority of shots. These birds happen
to be two of them.

Other critters posed where bokeh wasn't a problem
<http://moosemystic.net/Gallery/MPhotos/LobosOtter2.htm>.

Moose