[OM] Re: Southwest Trip - Pictures (new links)

Subject: [OM] Re: Southwest Trip - Pictures (new links)
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 20:27:34 -0400
At 09:12 AM 6/23/2006, Paul Braun wrote:

>Beautiful.  I've seen at least a dozen different shots of that place,
>and every time it makes me want to go there.  Perhaps a bit dark, not
>sure if you upped the exposure if the highlights in the shaft of
>sunlight would have blown out or not.

It's right on the edge right now Paul.  I could combine two different
exposures from the RAW converter and lighten the mid-tones but - it
looks pretty decent in print as it is.

>Did you have to get the permit from the reservation?  One other
>photographer I spoke with in the past mentioned that he was required to
>buy a permit from the tribe before he was allowed in to shoot.

Upper Antelope is operated as a Navajo tribal park and does require
the purchase of a permit and entrance pass.  Those can be purchased
at the entrance to the parking area which is just off the
highway.  At that point you're roughly four miles from the entrance
to the canyon and are transported to it by truck.

Later,
Johnny

Johnny Johnson
Cleveland, GA