[OM] Re: 500/5.6 Rubinar / MTO Catadioptric lens

Subject: [OM] Re: 500/5.6 Rubinar / MTO Catadioptric lens
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 03:27:26 +0000
My rating of "fair" may be a little low, but "fair to good" is how I would
judge its contrast in comparison, say, to a 300/2.8 Tamron or the 400/6.3
Zuiko, both conventional designs.  In terms of comparing it to other mirror
lenses, I'd say it would rate an "excellent" both in terms of resolution and
contrast.  I'm definitely keeping mine.  :-)

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --