[OM] Re: 500/5.6 Rubinar / MTO Catadioptric lens

Subject: [OM] Re: 500/5.6 Rubinar / MTO Catadioptric lens
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 22:15:35 -0400
It's interesting that you desribe the contrast of the 500/8 Zuiko as
"fair".  In Modern Photograpy's tests of mirror lenses many years ago
the Zuiko literally ran away with the contrast scores.  It beat all
competitors by a whopping margin.

I just goes to show that even an f/8 secondary obstruction is not a
trivial thing in the contrast department.  You can imagine how low my
cheap f/5.6 is in comparison.

Chuck Norcutt