[OM] Re: ? on B&W photography

Subject: [OM] Re: ? on B&W photography
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 23:03:23 EDT

In a message dated 6/22/2006 12:28:38 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
GMcGrath@xxxxxxx writes:

I'd  appreciate any and all opinions on the subject.

Greg, "You may be the man" but in this case if you are looking for any and
all opinions from this group, you have opened a mighty big door.  Do that
again and we might say, "You be the foolish man."

I don't know the answer, however, for the first time in thirty years I  spent
all day today in a B&W lab printing B&W prints from negatives I  shot with my
OM 2S in the past two weeks.  It was a blast.  So if you  can figure out how
to gain access to a lab, that might be a choice.

A  friend who prints all his own B&W, says he has started using  the Kodak
C-41 processed B&W. He says he likes the lack of  grain.   Hmm, I'm not sure
I'd
say the same . . . I'll let you know  when I process the roll of Tri-X I shot
at ASA 1600 ( that would be ISO to those  born after the OM 1 was introduced)
Wednesday night.

I've scanned some negatives (120 not 35mm) and was reasonably pleased with
the results.  I'm sure others with more techno skills could have done  better,
however they worked for me.  Used an Epson 3200 scanner.  Bill  Barber