[OM] Re: Looking for recommendations on Graphics Tablets

Subject: [OM] Re: Looking for recommendations on Graphics Tablets
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 18:58:40 -0500
Daniel Sepke wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just got paid a weekends worth of work with an Apple G4 (Quicksilver
> 867Mhz with 1.5Gb of RAM). It also came with a nice Mitsubishi 17"
> Diamondtron and Photoshop 7.0 which leads me into the subject of this mail.
> I am thinking of adding a graphics tablet to this setup but don't really
> know what's best. Does anyone have a recommendation on what to go for? My
> budget is flexible up to $400. Would I do best to look at a used model or
> buy new? What sizes should I be looking at (aside from the bigger the
> better)?

The Wacom tablets are very good, and very Mac-friendly.  Come in a
variety of sizes, most support both a wireless mouse and pen, and the
pens are usually pressure-sensitive like a real pencil or brush.

I have a 4x5 Graphire on my Quicksilver Dual 1Ghz main machine (OSX
Tiger) as well as my 500MHz Sawtooth running 9.2.2.  Both are USB.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon