[OM] Re: [OT] Lighting

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Lighting
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 10:18:30 +0100
But surely the light output from a normal fluorescent tube is not
full-spectrum, so you can't fully compensate by varying the colour
temperature?  The colour spectrum emitted depends on the choice of
phosphates for the tube coating (which varies, hence "warm-white" and
"daylight" tubes and so forth) and has distinct spikes in the blue and green
parts of the spectrum.

For the idea to work, you would need to get full-spectrum tubes.  Are they
made in the small sizes we would be talking about?

--
Piers