[OM] Re: 500/5.6 Rubinar / MTO Catadioptric lens

Subject: [OM] Re: 500/5.6 Rubinar / MTO Catadioptric lens
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 19:49:46 -0400
But the 400 was not a mirror lens.  Mirror lenses are quite common in
500mm spotting scopes.  I have one from Adorama which is the same as
sold by Orion Telescopes.  But it comes with a T adapter so that it can
be used on camera as well.  It's a 500/5.6.  Not a bad spotting scope
but the large secondary mirror (needed for f/5.6) doesn't make for much
contrast.

Chuck Norcutt