[OM] Re: Cleaning up after cat fur?

Subject: [OM] Re: Cleaning up after cat fur?
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 12:48:16 -0500

> I've even suggested giving 'em all brush cuts but my wife read that
> that can help their coats come back even thicker.  Sounds like an old
> spouse's tale to me . . .
We are having a real time with shedding this spring. As three of our four
are Maine Coons, there is a LOT of fur to shed.

One of them has the ability to grow ever increasing amounts of under-coat.
It mats almost in seconds, and although our cats do not go outdoors, they
seem to prepare for the hot summers anyway. We have been reduced to a spring
buzzing. This year, he is a mohawk.

It doesn't seem to come back any thicker, but it certainly doesn't come back
any less. If I thought that buzzing would make hair come back thicker, I'd
shave my own head!

Bill Pearce