[OM] Re: Cleaning up after cat fur?

Subject: [OM] Re: Cleaning up after cat fur?
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 09:24:18 -0700 (PDT)
> Other than trading them in for goldfish, anyone have any
> wisdom to offer for kitty clean-up?

I had salt-water fish tanks for a while.  Trust me, the cat is
easier.

Reminds me of the time I was gone for a week (automated feeder
system) and got back late one night.  I checked the tank for
"floaters" and found one of my prized tangs wedged under a rock
and white.  Oh, rats.  Well, I fish it out and proceed to give
it a bathroom funeral.  The fresh water must have woke the thing
up and it started to swim against the current!

The only time I've ever reached into a swirling toilet with my
bare hands!  Had to, it was a $50 fish.

I later learned that this was how this type of tang slept--by
wedging itself under rocks and turning white.

Once I got married, buying expensive fish kinda came to an end.
My wife couldn't stand a few of the creatures in the tank (like
an arrow crab--which gave her nightmares) and eventually certain
ugly creatures started dying off from mysterious causes. It
became a case of "survival of the fittest".  Still, there were
mysterious things happenning to the water quality that I suspect
had external influences.  After moving a 50 gallon tank to three
different houses I finally sold it and the remaining ghetto fish
(tangs can form street gangs) to a coworker.

I still kept the 20 gallon tank system and would love to set it
up again, but I have a sneaking suspician that will happen when
pigs fly.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com