[OM] Re: a turtle

Subject: [OM] Re: a turtle
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 23:51:51 +1000
Now that's what I call a pet! Do they eat cats? :)
I mean, if squirrels eat birds...anything is possible.
Doesn't look like a fast mover but I assume they have a fast strike
to take frogs, etc. Our version is the Snake-neck Tortoise - small
and no bite at all as they use their mouth only to grip and the
foreclaws to shred the prey.
Usual way to handle wild or injured animals or get things off the
road is to carry an old blanket and throw it over them - wrap them up
and relocate. Injured cats and dogs will often bite or scratch and
things like this will panic but if they can't see and their limbs are
immobilised, most things calm right down immediately.
I wouldn't recommend this technique with bears, wombats or skunks.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx