[OM] A question on old flash units and new digital cameras

Subject: [OM] A question on old flash units and new digital cameras
From: "Johann Thorsson" <johann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 20:52:48 -0700
Hi, I am new to this list so bear with me.

I have some old Olympus camera gear which I still use, and are going strong.  I
am however thinking about buying a digital body, either E-1, or E-500 (or the
new "E-2" expected in the fall).  I would however like to now if I could use
some of my old stuff with a new digital camera.  I am not thinking about
lenses, I know about the adapter, what I am more concerned about are the
flashes.  I do have a T32 which I would like to use, but I am told that there
could be some issue regarding the trigger voltage of old flashes that can
damage digital cameras.  Does anyone know if the T32 (or the T1 power unit for
T10, should be identical with T32 I guess) can be used safely with these new
digtal bodies?

Thanks in advance,