[OM] Re: OT What's happening in Europe?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT What's happening in Europe?
From: Manuel Viet <oly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 04:17:05 +0200
Le samedi 10 Juin 2006 01:55, Bob Whitmire a écrit :
> The most unexpected aspect of our trip to, ah, Ingerlund, was the hordes of
> French school children we encountered everywhere we went. At the British
> Museum, Tower of London, Dover Castle, even aboard HMS Victory at
> Portsmouth. Someone told us that this time of year in France, those
> finishing high school take exams, and all other students are banished so
> that Europe is flooded with classes of kids and their teachers.

From what I hear in my street, I guess it's more an exchange than an invasion
because I feel like I'm walking through picadilly. Btw, it looks like fashion
is going back to ultra mini skirt (I've seen larger belts, really) at
lightspeed on the english side of the channel, or is it global warming
already ?

> I was
> straining my command of French to try to understand what the teachers were
> telling their charges about HMS Victory, Admiral Nelson and Trafalgar, but
> all I caught was "DVD Master & Commander."

Should have been something along the line of 'those phony brits who give
defeats name to their train stations and places' ;-) Yes, optimism is a
french 'trait de caractère'.

--
Manuel Viet