[OM] Re: A bottom question ...

Subject: [OM] Re: A bottom question ...
From: keith_w <keith_w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 10:03:59 -0700
Bart Wientjes wrote:
> I don't know about bottom plates.
> I do know that you CANNOT exchange the battery caps. The screw thread is
> different.
>
> I'd say give it a shot and keep us posted on your progress.
>
> Regards,
> Bart

Then I was verrrry lucky1
I had a munged battery cover on my otherwise pristine OM-1MD, and stopped into
my local photo shop.
I handed my ruined cover to the new-ish clerk, and asked if he had a
replacement, new or used, for an OM-2.
(I had temporarily forgotten which OM I'd taken it from...)

Anyhow, after a conference in the backroom with his boss, he located and
handed me one.
Looked new. I bought it and took it home, and gingerly installed it on my
OM-1. Tight, but fits just fine!

What's the dividing line here?
 From OM-2 to -2n? Is it the n versions that are different?
Are the -1 and -1n caps different? Or is it limited to OM-2s?
And, different in what way? Left-handed thread instead of right-handed?

Maybe there's a discussion of this somewhere I can access?

Thanks,  keith whaley