[OM] Re: 1st roll with an OM

Subject: [OM] Re: 1st roll with an OM
From: priit@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 10:16:42 +0300 (EEST)

On Sun, 4 Jun 2006, Chuck Norcutt wrote:

> Without people, such as #1 and #2 you have to decide what is the main
> subject or what covers the most area.  In #1 I think the proper exposure
> should be for the white flower in sunlight.  In #2 the main subject and
> majority of the frame is in shade.

<snip>

> For #2 the main subject and area of the frame is in shade so you need to
> open up more.

I totally agree about #1 being overexposed, but oddly, to me it seems that
#2, if anything, could have been exposed less. I guess this could
be due to different displays.

In any case, thanks for the very detailed comments and advice. The part
about calculating the exposure without relying on the meter so much sounds
especially useful, I'll keep that around as reference. I also started
taking notes of the exact settings for each frame, something I've never
thought of before, but this can probably help identifying where something
could be improved.

p.