[OM] Advice sought on labeling prints

Subject: [OM] Advice sought on labeling prints
From: "Jay Drew" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 09:54:42 -0700
What is a safe and reliable method of labeling the back of your prints?

I read somewhere that the safe and long lasting method was pencil.  And I
have a bunch of photos my great grandfather took in the 1920's era that are
labeled via pencil and hold up well.  My problem is I am printing on gloss
(Can*n) and pencil is not going to work there.  Pens don't make it, but a
sharpie will.  Anyone know if a sharpie will bleed through?

Alternatively (and since my penmanship is abhorrent) what about using
something like Avery labels?

Pictures are taken via my OM gear, so it is sorta on topic.  Kinda.

Also, anyone done any printing with a Can*n i9900 with Kodak or Ilford paper
and what were the results in comparison to Can*n paper?

Jay

Hand me my costume
Please won't you pass me my mask
I have appointments I must keep with my past.

Bill Nelson - Beauty Secrets