[OM] Re: Macbook 1.83 Ghz first impressions

Subject: [OM] Re: Macbook 1.83 Ghz first impressions
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 09:34:42 +0200
More on the macbook, Mine does now have the mooing, (I noticed it after
updating all software to latest - but may just be a coincidence) it
happens around 69 degrees C as the fans cycle on and off, I can hear it
but not sure how annoying it is or will be yet. It gets very hot
underneath, still touchable but only just. I found a universals of
thunderbird and gimp which made a huge difference to their startup
speed. I ran xbench on it and it got an overall score of 54 compared to
the 48 of my old dual G4. I still think it is roughly on a par
performance wise with my old dual G4.

I am debating whether to take it apart and check the thermal paste or
even the screws holding the cooler as some have reported this can remove
10 degrees temp from the machine.

Chris,
I bought a cheap invertor last year which can be used for all things,
not just the laptop.