[OM] Re: I think the monitor transition has occured

Subject: [OM] Re: I think the monitor transition has occured
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 20:12:26 -0300
Cc: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Chuck,
So far, so good. Seems to be stable after degaussing and I can calibrate it
using the Monitors & Sound Control Panel, and ColorSync, on MacOS 8.6
PS v.4 recognizes the tube as a Hitachi-Ikegami after entering the phosphor
CIE coordinates for RGB. A new PS white background file reads 255 for R, G,
and B - and 0% for CMYK. Grey looks grey and white looks white as before.
SMPTE color bars look good.
Nevertheless, I don't think this is enough to tell if it's calibrated or not
since all these are internal measures and don't provide feedback to the OS
regarding how does the screen look like.
So, how does one know when a monitor is calibrated ?

TIA,

Fernando
- going to the basics....