[OM] Zuiko trip

Subject: [OM] Zuiko trip
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 17:11:14 -0400
Off next Tuesday  to the Azores.  Four hr direct flt from Logan and quite
reasoanble. Will bring way too much gear, I think.  Will hike up Pico Mtn with
a lighter kit.
OM-2 and wife's old M*nolta to use when Velvia is in OM-2 with Tamrons.  (Will
need to keep powder dry for a bit for 5D, though am monitoring each post
carefully).
http://www.pocinhobay.com/

Must bring: Z. 50-250 for hiking  (thanks Jeff)
                     50 3.5 macro and assorted macro do-dads
                      Tamron 80-200 (can I really leave it home?)
                     Tamron 35-105 on Min and Sigma 30-70
                     Zuiko  35 shift
                       Z. 50 f1.4
                     Zuiko 24/f2.8
Leaving home to sulk: Ag nose 50 1.8 (I still like it stopped down a bit)
                                         Z. 70-210  very light and long but I
don't like the long end much

wish list:  longer fl macro
              21 f2---missed out on one a few days ago when cable line flooded
and could not modify bid--maybe I would not have gotten it anyway and it went
to a superb home.
  ?400 f4 T for horse shots at Hunt.

With flash stuff/tripod  I will never fit this in  lowepro minitrekkar.  We
need to take dinky flts between islands and I hope I can carry this.  I will be
disobeying the old  adage: there are two kinds of travelers, those who pack
lightly and those wish they had. Given what some members sell off as extra, I
don't think I am much more than a toddler ZA still.
Mike