[OM] Re: Rethinking the Tree Rodent

Subject: [OM] Re: Rethinking the Tree Rodent
From: "Richard Lovison" <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 15:59:15 -0400
Hi Wayne,

My wife sent your photo off to the Massachusetts Audubon Society for their
amusement and here's their reply:

Thanks for the photo, and your inquiry. The squirrel in the photo is a red
squirrel, not a gray squirrel and they are far more carnivorous than the
gray. Their diet is mainly made up of seeds, nuts and berries. They will
occasionally eat birds and bird eggs and have been known to eat young gray
squirrels and cottontail rabbits.

I thought that squirrel looked a bit like a red squirrel.  They're nasty
little devils. 8-)  Great shot btw.

Richard