[OM] Re: 5D heart attack, was: Re: Hi-res shootout

Subject: [OM] Re: 5D heart attack, was: Re: Hi-res shootout
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 07:35:24 -0400
Hey!!  Whaddya know!  The brightness level was only half way up.  In the
rush to get going yesterday I glanced at the manual and camera quickly
and somehow came to the conclusion that the brightness was already at
max.  I have no idea what I did or what I was looking at.  In the calmer
light of this morning it's perfectly clear.

If I had been shooting film I'd have been forced to use the Sekonic
meter in my bag which is what I should have been doing all along.
Actually, if I'd been shooting film with an OM I probably wouldn't have
tried to use fill flash which is problematic on an OM because of the
slow sync speed.  I'd just need a lovely assistant to go along with the
lovely model so the assistant could hold the reflector (in the 10-15 mph
breeze).  Even the Lumiquest diffuser on the flash was acting like a
sail at times.

ps:  I planned to go outside and do some serious lens testing this
morning.  It's raining... again.  15" apparently wasn't enough.

Chuck Norcutt