[OM] Re: Kingston Elite Pro cf card - good/no good?

Subject: [OM] Re: Kingston Elite Pro cf card - good/no good?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 17:36:30 -0700
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> That's good news - and it's MUCH cheaper than the Sandisk Extreme III
> around these parts.
It's a very useful site. Both Chuck and I independently checked it and
saved money with 2gb Ultra II cards, rather than the Extreme III cards
that perform no better on the 5D.
> Interesting that the 4gb version is somewhat slower.

Speculation is that the 4gb cards have a little additional overhead with
the FAT32 file system needed for that size. Nobody's 4gb cards seem to
be as fast as the 2s.

Moose