[OM] Re: Spent time with the Dark Side

Subject: [OM] Re: Spent time with the Dark Side
From: Wayne S <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 21:45:32 -0400
At 02:16 PM 5/15/2006, you wrote:
>Wayne, thanks for weighing in on this. I respect your viewpoint
>on this as you've owned both the E-1 and the 5D.  I also look
>forward to seeing how your camera does in "field conditions"
>later this year.

I was just out with the camera and noticed two things about
the 5D grip. One you have to squeeze more and that involves
the base of the thumb. Second the fingers cannot support the
cantilever angle of the camera, and the thumb is required to
hold the camera horizontal to compensate for what the fingers
cannot do. Those to facts can quickly cause a problem, and
hence why I always support the camera with my left hand
when shooting. On my hand the thumb joint at the wrist and
palm both get sore. The E-1 grip is far superior in that
department.

So, if you shoot one handed, the 5D is not very good ergonomically.
One other trick I have been using is the way I wrap the strap
around my wrist, I can adjust it to help compensate for the poor
grip.

WayneS