[OM] Re: Black M-1!

Subject: [OM] Re: Black M-1!
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 18:29:29 +0000
I haven't even an inkling of a clue as to whether or not this is the genuine
article.  However, I would caution against assuming that a lack of paint wear
is an indication of anything more than a lack of use.  I've got a black OM-1n
that is nearly as old, although certainly less valuable and, thus, handled with
commensurately less care.  Its paint is still pristine, although I have used it
many times.  It's the right half of my TOPE 21 entry:

http://www.tope.nl/tope_show_entry.php?event=21&pic=17

Like you can't judge a book by its cover, maybe you shouldn't judge an M-1 by
its paint.

In any event, real or not, it's starting at a price well out of my range,
whether it's bona fide or not.

And I have no connection nor interest to this auction, except I hope it's
genuine and that whoever gets it deserves it.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --