[OM] Re: OT computer advice needed (circuit breaker)

Subject: [OM] Re: OT computer advice needed (circuit breaker)
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 17:29:26 -0300
on 7/05/2006 12:18, Joe Gwinn at joegwinn@xxxxxxxxxxx, wrote:

> Bypass the circuit breaker?  Not a good idea - it's a good way to
> burn the house down.
Joe, I have six circuit breakers at home. Two of them at the main electrical
input, in a parallel setup. One of these shuts when wiring temperature
rises, and the other shuts when anything that might be wrong happens. Only
the latter is bypassed so as to make a single dedicated power supply line
for my audio equipment. This Merlin-Gerin breaker waits until I go out on
vacations to shut, when all other breakers are shut before leaving and only
the fridge and the alarm system remain On.
These are the main breakers, there are also quite a number of smaller
breakers which are in fact only sophisticated fuses.
Fernando.