[OM] Re: Tamron adaptall-2 adapter for OM

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron adaptall-2 adapter for OM
From: Paul <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 20:31:24 +0100
NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:
> In a message dated 5/7/2006 12:13:23 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
> wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> Has  anyone tried a Tamron Adaptall on their E-series with the  MF-1
> Adaptor? Does
> it work well? Any loss of  F-stops?
>
> Yes, the 90mm f2.5, 180mm f2.5, 300mm f2.8 and 400mm f4.  I recently  posted
> an image to the Photo Camel site in their 4/3 section done with the 400mm
> with the 2X for an effective focal length of 1600mm.
> _http://www.photocamel.com/index.php/topic,8427.0.html_
> (http://www.photocamel.com/index.php/topic,8427.0.html)  will  get you there,
> however you will need to register to be able to
> open it.   Bill Barber

Just to add to what Bill's said. I've a number of shots with the Tamron
90mm f/2.5 (the later version) on the very same PhotoCamel site.

As my images are hosted off-site, you don't have to register to see them
(you only need registration to view images that are hosted locally to
the forum). Regardless, It would be great to have some of you sign up as
we could do with a few more Oly and film fans in general, and it's a
very friendly forum ;).

Anyway, gratuitous plug over with, here are a few random examples:

90mm + extension tube on an E-1
http://www.photocamel.com/index.php/topic,2263.msg16096.html#msg16096
http://www.photocamel.com/index.php/topic,3829.msg26417.html#msg26417
(not entirely sure if the tube was used on this one...)
http://www.photocamel.com/index.php/topic,4286.msg29630.html#msg29630

And even worse, not just a non-OM Olympus, it's a non-Olympus DLSR !

90mm + Canon 5D (via my 99c adapter)
http://www.photocamel.com/index.php/topic,7642.msg58566.html#msg58566

Finally, a few examples of using the Tamron 90mm f/2.5 and the Olympus
50mm f/3.5 Macro on the 5-D
http://www.photocamel.com/index.php/topic,8453.msg64649.html#msg64649

Paul