[OM] Another stupid computer question

Subject: [OM] Another stupid computer question
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 16:48:49 +0000
When I hooked up the new Dell a couple of weeks a go, I just plugged in the
minimum of stuff to get it going, since I had intentions of rearranging the
whole office once I got around to completing a bit of carpentry work and
furniture moving.  Since the monitor came out of the box with a VGA cable
attached, thus cutting the effort required in half, that's how I hooked it up.
This morning, I dug out the DVI cable and hooked the monitor up with it.

Whoop-tee-doo!  I can't tell any real difference.  So, what's the big deal with
that?

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from